Greetings Dungeons and Dragons players,
In case you have missed it September marks the start of Season 8 of D&D Adventurers League at A Muse N Games.
We will still be running games at their usual time slots (Wednesdays 18:00-20:00 and 20:00-22:00 as well as Sundays 11:30-15:30). However, we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of some of the changes that are coming into effect with the new season and provide links to some online resources you may want to check out.
New changes this season:
- New settings are coming soon. In addition to the season of modules set in Waterdeep for this season, and the two hardcover modules also set in the city of splendors, we are getting a series of adventures set in Eberron, and a module set on the plane of Ravnica (of Magic: the Gathering fame)
- Experience points are gone and in their place are experience checks. Characters level 1-4 need 4 checks to advance a level, characters 5-20 need 8 to advance. Check the Adventurers League Players Guide for
details on converting your current exp to checks, or ask one of our DMs in store.
- Treasure is changing. Characters keep all current treasure, with the exception of some problem items identified by the league. Going forward characters will earn treasure checks they can spend on unlocked magic items and equipment. There is a set of evergreen items that are always unlocked, season limited unlocks for some items, and you can unlock items for a character by playing the module the item is found in.
- Over powered magic items are being removed. Some magic items were offered in modules that are above the expected power level for the tier they could be found in, or for the league in general. When a character with one of these items plays in an Adventurers League game they have to give up the item. Depending on the item in exchange you will either get treasure points, a reduced power item, and or a storyline version of the item that can be used in the module it was printed in. See the Adventurers League Player Guide, FAQ, and Post on the Wizards website for details.
- Factions are becoming less prominent. If you want to have your character retain their faction affiliation they need to switch their background feature to the Faction Agent one found in the Sword Coast
Adventurer’s Guide. Factions will be featured less prominently in modules going forward. So that when they show up it should feel appropriate and mesh better with the story rather than being an afterthought side
mission tacked on to the adventure.
- Death is no longer free for levels 1-4. There is no more free raise dead for low-level characters. They can opt to go into treasure check debt to buy the required scroll to remove the condition regardless of tier, or the party can pool cash/treasure checks to buy the scroll for them. Be careful out there in this strange new post-soul monger world.
Our Dungeon Masters will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have with these changes and are looking forward to bringing you another fun series of adventures.
Changes To Adventurer’s League Wizard’s Article
Adventurers League Players Guide v8.2
Adventurers League Dungeon Master’s Guide v8.2
Adventurers League FAQ v8.1
Adventurers League Players Guide (Eberron) v1.1
Adventurers League Dungeon Masters Guide (Eberron) v1.1
Adventurers League DM Quests